How to Restore Dead 6 Volt Golf Cart Batteries. Golf cart batteries are similar in design to car batteries, but are called deep cycle lead acid batteries. Batteries in golf carts need to produce constant voltage and amps, even when under load. If you find that your 6-volt golf cart battery doesn’t last long between charges, try a reset before you decide to get a new one. In many cases, following a simple procedure will successfully result in your battery having a higher holding charge and working longer.
Instructions to Restore Dead 6 Volt Golf Cart Batteries
- Use your golf cart until the battery goes dead. It is necessary to discharge the 6-volt battery as much as possible.
- Put on a pair of protective gloves before attempting to restore the 6-volt golf cart battery. Deep cycle batteries contain sulfuric acid in the cells that burns if it gets on your skin.
- Open the battery compartment on your golf cart. At the top of the pile are several shell casings. Carefully remove the caps. You will find you can either unscrew it using your fingers, or using a flathead screwdriver. Inside the cells you will see liquid markers and minimum and maximum.
- Pour distilled water into the cells, if the liquid level is below the maximum marker. Fill the cell until it reaches the maximum mark, but do not overfill it. Replace the caps with your fingers or a screwdriver.
- Connect the battery cables from your battery charger to the 6-volt battery terminals. The red wire connects to the battery’s positive terminal labeled “Pos” and the black wire connects to the negative terminal labeled “Neg.”
- Select the lowest rate of charge on the battery charger, which is often called “trickle charge”. Slowly charging your battery is the best way to restore it.
- Turn on the battery charger. Check the screen to make sure it’s charging, then let it charge for 24 hours.
- Turn off the charger after 24 hours. Disconnect the battery cables from the battery and close the battery compartment.
Also read : How to Restore Golf Cart Batteries
Hopefully about How to Restore Dead 6 Volt Golf Cart Batteries this can be useful for you.
Originally posted 2022-07-29 09:33:13.